Friday 16 May 2014


A lecturer at the University of Calabar, Mr. Okon Effiong Ekpenyong is seriously seeking justice after some officers of the Nigerian immigration service, cross river state command, manhandled and gave him the beating of his life...it was so bad that they knocked 4 teeth...4! out of his mouth.

Ekpeyong says that trouble started for him on May 6, 2014 at about 5pm, when his vehicle developed a minor fault on Bassey Oqua Street in Calabar, near the NIS headquarters. He said after fixing it, he was leaving the area when the officials accosted and assaulted him, saying he made a U-turn at an unauthorised point.

“After the car developed a fault, I called some people to help push it off the road and I went home to get my two sons to buy fuel in a jerry can because I suspected it might be petrol since the gauge was faulty. tried to start the car after refueling, but it did not start. We had to push it down the Bassey Oqua Street, which is close to the NIS residential quarters.Immediately the car started, two NIS officials flagged me down; I obeyed. They said I had just made a U-turn at an unauthorised point and they concluded that I was a Boko Haram suspect, adding that they would not waste time in dealing with me.Immediately, about 10 other officials joined them, they forced me out of the car and started hitting me with gun butts and other weapons. I passed out in the process.”
He explained that after the incident, which took place in the presence of his two sons, he lost four teeth and over N50, 000 which was in his pocket. So far, Ekpeyong has been able to identify 4 of the culprits and according to Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Hogan Bassey, the matter is currently being investigated.
Different Themes
Written by Dondumex

Nigeria's King blogger, entrepreneur and God-lover.

0 comments