Wednesday 2 July 2014


Meriam Ibrahim, the brave 27 year old sudanese woman who has refused to deny her christian faith despite being imprisoned and maltreated and sentenced to death has another problem on her hands.

 Her baby girl, whom she gave birth to in jail is disabled. She told CNN,
I was only thinking about my children and how I was going to give birth. I was most scared of giving birth in prison.
I gave birth chained,not cuffs but chains on my legs. I couldn't even open my legs so the women had to lift me off the table.Something has happened to the baby,I don't know in the future whether she'll need support to walk or not".
She also revealed that doctors had told her the circumstances of her birth and treatment in prison meant her daughter had been left physically disabled, with potentially long-lasting consequences.
Different Themes
Written by Dondumex

Nigeria's King blogger, entrepreneur and God-lover.

0 comments